At St. Peter's we believe that parents and carers are a critical element of the learning process as the first teachers of their children and the predominant role models in their lives.
We encourage parents to be active in their child's schooling by –
- Knowing what their children are doing in their classrooms
- Encouraging conversations at home about what is happening at school
- Participating in school activities
- Helping with school tasks at home, where appropriate
- Doing things together to broaden each child's life experiences
We believe that the community and the school can work together to give our students a stronger community connection. By connecting our learning to the community we also allow our students to understand that their learning has a purpose and value beyond school. We encourage our students to experience the community and for our community to be a part of our school life.